Thursday, March 1, 2007

Large Churches Pay Per Capita in 2006

I have been carefully studying our Presbytery’s financial data for 2006. I discovered a remarkable bit of financial good news which I would like to share. Our Presbytery has twelve churches with a Per Capita assessment greater that $10,000. These are, of course, the largest churches in our Presbytery. All of these congregations have contributed 100% of their Per Capita assessment in 2006. This is remarkable good news and a sure indication of the vitality of the Presbytery of Carlisle. May all glory and praise be to God in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

  1. While commitment to the greater witness of the church is to be applauded, I'd prefer to rejoice for the stewardship of every congregation. In a denomination composed of many more smaller congregations than larger ones, I'd propose that denominational strength is better seen across the spectrum of congregations, rather than in those congregations who can afford to place themselves in the spotlight. Somewhere I remember a lesson about a widow's mite.

    ReplyDelete